This activity-based course teaches students the most effective way to manage a product team through all phases of the project’s life cycle. Through the invaluable lessons taught in this course, students will ensure projects are more successful by focusing on the all-important factors of meeting objectives, controlling costs, ensuring organizational satisfaction, and meeting or beating time constraints.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Managing a Project Team
- Projects and project teams
- Creating a project team
- Conducting team meetings
- Communicating in a project team
- Decision-making in a project team
- Preparing teams for project work
- Course summary
This course is a necessity for any students that would like to improve their project team management skills.
- Identify the phases and requirements of a successful project, build and organize a project team, and avoid pitfalls in project teams
- Identify the characteristics of a project team, understand who the project stakeholders are, recognize how individual responsibilities and stress affect the team, and how team members can self-evaluate
- Identify various roles in project team meetings, maximize the effectiveness of team meetings, understand the purpose of introductory meetings and the goal-setting process, and identify various issues that a team might face during team meetings
- Communicate effectively through active listening and nonverbal and verbal communication techniques, and receive and give effective feedback
- Use various methods of decision-making, resolve team conflict, and achieve consensus in a project team
- Empower and motivate a project team, develop a positive culture, identify the causes of change in a team, manage change, and improve existing project teams