In this problem solving training course you will learn a systematic process for problem solving; understanding them, attacking them and resolving them. The program gives an overall framework
- Is this the REAL problem – a lot of problem solving effort is wasted because it tries to solve the wrong problem. Taking the time to ensure the focus of your efforts is right is an essential first step.
- The desired OUTCOME – where do you want to get to? What will the ideal solution look like?
- SOURCING and generating options for solving the problem – where are the solutions and ideas going to come from? How will ideas be developed?
- Evaluating options and making CHOICES – establish a range of ways of evaluating and selecting the ‘best’ solution to your problem.
- Taking ACTION – deciding what action to take is important, but so is making sure that you have thought of everything before committing yourself.
- REVIEWING success and learning – problem solving should be a process that improves over time. Reviewing what has and hasn’t worked is an essential last step so that you can continually refine your approach to problem solving.
- Action Planning – a chance to think about the skills you have learnt and how to apply them in your own setting.